Author Topic: Response to the claim "God is Imaginary"  (Read 8565 times)

Offline CAFMAN6986

Response to the claim "God is Imaginary"
« on: January 10, 2010, 04:51:34 PM »
I am posting this in responce to the individual who claims "God is Imaginary".

Proof # 1-Try Praying

"What would happen if we get down on our knees and pray to God in this way:

Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. "

God would look into your heart and see if you're indeed seriously or you're simply doing it out of mockery. If out of mockery he'll simply ignore you. For God is a vengeful God and will not help those he seek him in heart and soul.

So, you just proved right there God exists for he's not listening to your mockery. And, if you're an invidual who lost someone to cancer, I'm sorry that this caused you to hate God and say he doesn't exists because you prayed and nothing happened. If you truly had faith and no doubts, I'm sure it would've happened. You know, you could have just gone to the Lady of Lourdes and dip the indvidual in it and they would have been cured. People have been cured from this with extreme faith involved.

Proof #2-Statistically analyze prayer

"The fact is, God never answers any prayers. The entire idea that "God answers" prayers" is an illusion created by human imagination.

How do we know that "answered prayers" are illusions? We simply perform scientific experiments. We ask a group of believers to pray for something and then we watch what happens. What we find, whenever we test the efficacy of prayer scientifically, is that prayer has zero effect:

The only thing that creates illusions is objects manifested into trickery(Majicians do this quite well.)

I don't beleive in praying that, when it's answered, it's an illusion. That's just ignorance and blaspheming the holy spirit which I refuse to do!

Proof #3 - Look at historical gods

I don't need to. There's only One God and that's the Almighty. Bible states it if you're going according to the bible.

Proof #4 - Think about science

Sciene was invented by man just as God invented science. No need to discuss this further.

Proof #5 - Read the Bible

I'm in the process of reading(still in old testament) and I got to say, although it might sound wrong to stone people, you need to understand God needed to embed fear so that we wouldn't sin. In order to do that, people needed to get stoned so that people would know he was serious so that they don't do it. Besides, God already answered the prayer of no more stoning by sending Jesus in to wash away our sins.

Proof #6 - Ponder God's Plan

I don't like to ponder God's plan, for that is questionig. When I question, bad shit happens to me and don't like that, Thank you very much., Next proof....

Just because the Mormons and Muslims belive in "fairty tales" doesn't mean the christians and Jewish are wrong. Your criticizing two races and putting faults on others like if it's ours. Some people do create stories, that's why I only belive Christ and revelation, anything beyond revelation(Not in the bible) is not cause for recognition unless I see a miracle and acknowldge the work of the holy spirit.

Proof #8 - Think about Near Death Experiences

You're calling my parents a liar?

Remember God's plan?

My father was mugged in 2000 and choked to death. He told me he saw a brightlight and the tunnel and said as he tried to head towards he was pushed back and awoken.

Now, if my father had died, I would be homeless. For right now I am in final troubles and if it weren't for God's plan, I'd be homeless.

Also, my mother passed for 10 minutes and came back. She told me she saw God but refused to tell me deatils as she is not allowed to reveal the secrets of the Lord. She did say he was the most beautiful looking person in the world and was very humble, warm and welcoming.

If you tell me I'm lying you can continue to be ignorant. For you just want people to think you're right and that's Satan talking! Did you ever stop to think you could be one of the apostles of Satan and that's why you say this. Hell, you could be the Anti-christ trying to make people beleive you to take us down but you're too ignorant to realize it.

Proof #9 - Understand ambiguity

If someonehad an uncurable cancer and was miracously cured, and science had no say on how it was possible, it'sd cause it's God...Next proof.

Proof #10 - Watch the offering plate

In the bible, God states to make offerings when you go to church. The church needs money to stay open and feed the poor. You say how can God not answer prayters and do it himself is cause he uses people to do it for him. For if he came down we'd all discinegrate. Our mortal bodies can't stand his presence that's why we have a soul. We got one the minute Adam and Eve ate the apple.

Proof #11 - Notice that there is no scientific evidence

Um, there is  you've just haven't found it yet. Remember, seek me and you shall find? Obviously, you don't really want to seek him.

Proof #12 - See the magic

Magic is a term created by people. I'll pass that one.

Proof #13 - Take a look at slavery

You didn't live in those times to justify your irrational statement.

Proof #14 - Examine Jesus' miracles

Ever hear of the Shroud of Turin?

That was left by jesus.

Proof #15 - Examine Jesus' resurrection

I don't need to.

Jesus is not to appear again until the time of Armageddon. It says so in revelation. Why would you want him to come? I don't want to live through that hellish time if I'm left to stay behind and be tested on my faith.

Proof #16 - Contemplate the contradictions

God can tell someone to kill someone for the greater kill. If a murderer killed your daughter and could kill again, would you not kill hi to put him to justice so that he may burn in hell for eternity as the Lord promises for the wicked?

Proof #17 - Think about Leprechauns

I don't unless I watch the movie with Warwick Davis.

There is proof God exists you just don't seek. Stop repeating yourself you're starting to sound like someone who has no other defense other than to repeat.

Proof #18 - Imagine heaven

I do everyday.

Left Behind is a movie and didn't come from God directly.

And being transported to heaven is your soul. Not, body.

Proof #19 - Notice that you ignore Jesus

I don't.

Jesus means to be good to others. If they need help help them. He doesn't expect you to be perfect.

For inatnce, if I had 30 millions dollars in my back account. I'd give away 20 and only keeep ten. That's what Jesus means. Don't be greedy.

Proof #20 - Notice your church
I don't. I pay attention to my faith. For some abuse the power of The Lord.

Proof #21 - Understand Jesus' Core Message

Would you give the light of day to someone who doesn't love you.....no, no, and NO!!!!

You have to worship for that's how we are able to show God we love him.

Proof #22 - Count all the people God wants to murder

He's getting rid of the evil. Jeesh, onece again you repeat. You're getting boring.

Proof #23 - Listen to the Doxology

Songs were created by man. It's hyms to make you feel safe.

One obvious question to ask after reading the church's statement is this: If all blessings "flow from God, then why are his blessings so amazingly unbalanced? Why are tens of thousands of children dying of starvation every day on this planet [ref], while Colonial Baptist Church is blessed with such wealth?"

Maybe God wants you to bitch about so you can do something because obviously the pople God wanted to do that turned their backs.

Proof #24 - Ask why religion causes so many problems

Simply because everyone wants to be right. Grant it, I want Jesus to come so I can stick it to the Jews but I know it's wrong so I respect peopels faith and we they try to say and impose shit on me of theirs the holy spirit within me gets hurt and I defend.

Proof #25 - Understand evolution and abiogenesis

Explain me this. Tell me why all humans who are vegitatrians don't turn back into apes after generations of them? Because it's BS. You want evolution....

What created the sun? It wasn't just there? and if an explosion happen, where the fuck did all the organisms come free. Doesn't scince say extreme heat in the sun kill ALL ORGANIMS CAUSE NOTHING CAN SURVIVE IT?!!!!!!

Proof #26 - Notice that the Bible's author is not "all-knowing"

Because you have to go look in the archives of the Vatican for me detail.

Proof #27 - Think about life after death

I do and it's scary. I'm afriad of burning in hell for all eternity.

About soul, can you explain to me why when some does does their body become eaier to pick because they've actually lost weight?

Proof #28 - Notice how many gods you reject

There's only one. As you said before, he has different names but he's one in the same.

Proof #29 - Think about Communion

It's just a symblosim not to be taken literal. Jesus means in heart and soul.

Proof #30 - Examine God's sexism

Hmm, if because of a woman we sinned, would you not get ANGRY with her?

To be continued....

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
Re: Response to the claim "God is Imaginary"
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 05:07:46 PM »
Explain me this. Tell me why all humans who are vegitatrians don't turn back into apes after generations of them? Because it's BS. You want evolution....

I will be completely honest, this statement is by far the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Do you even have the most basic understanding of biology.

What created the sun? It wasn't just there? and if an explosion happen, where the fuck did all the organisms come free. Doesn't scince say extreme heat in the sun kill ALL ORGANIMS CAUSE NOTHING CAN SURVIVE IT?!!!!!!

Another gem.

hmmm

EDIT:

God can tell someone to kill someone for the greater kill. If a murderer killed your daughter and could kill again, would you not kill hi to put him to justice so that he may burn in hell for eternity as the Lord promises for the wicked?

Another gem! Holy shit. I hope this is a poe. Killing for the sake of revenge is not justice.

Would you give the light of day to someone who doesn't love you.....no, no, and NO!!!!

Another gem! So in other words if someone is in need and they don't love you you wont help them out?

Kind of takes the meaning away of what you said here;

Jesus means to be good to others. If they need help help them. He doesn't expect you to be perfect.

For inatnce, if I had 30 millions dollars in my back account. I'd give away 20 and only keeep ten. That's what Jesus means. Don't be greedy.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:26:15 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »
Wow...what can you say after all that?  I'm on my knees out of fear. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 05:36:25 PM »
God would look into your heart and see if you're indeed seriously or you're simply doing it out of mockery. If out of mockery he'll simply ignore you. For God is a vengeful God and will not help those he seek him in heart and soul.

So, you just proved right there God exists for he's not listening to your mockery.
God ignored me, therefore, he exists.  Riiiggghhhhtt.  I suppose if I pray to Allah and he ignores me, that's proof he exists also?  Many of us on this board were Christians for many years.  Some even preachers and the like.  Our atheism/agnosticism comes from experience in the Christian mindset, reading, research, and a quick look at reality.  After years of failed prayers and a skeptical look at the bible, we've come to the logical conclusion that YHWH/Jesus do not exist.  And, by extension and until shown otherwise, there are likely NO gods.

And, if you're an invidual who lost someone to cancer, I'm sorry that this caused you to hate God and say he doesn't exists because you prayed and nothing happened. If you truly had faith and no doubts, I'm sure it would've happened. You know, you could have just gone to the Lady of Lourdes and dip the indvidual in it and they would have been cured. People have been cured from this with extreme faith involved.
No loss or disappointment resulting in my non-belief.  Sorry.  As for Lourdes:  There have been some 200 million people over 150 years and only 60 or so recognized miracles.[1] Not a good track record for your god.  

The only thing that creates illusions is objects manifested into trickery(Majicians do this quite well.)
I don't beleive in praying that, when it's answered, it's an illusion. That's just ignorance and blaspheming the holy spirit which I refuse to do!
Ever hear of the placebo effect?  There's no Holy Spook to blasphemy against.  So, don't worry about it.

Proof #3 - Look at historical gods
I don't need to. There's only One God and that's the Almighty. Bible states it if you're going according to the bible.
Try doing a little religious history research.  Your god is no different than any other god worshiped by man.  Re bold:  That is circular reasoning and therefore completely useless to anyone who doesn't already believe in your mythology.  The bible is true because the bible says it is true.  No critical thought needed for such nonsense.  

Edit:  What if I were to say the Koran is true because the Koran says it is true?  How is that any different or less valid than your statement?

Proof #4 - Think about science
Sciene was invented by man just as God invented science. No need to discuss this further.
Science is a tool used to explain how our world works.  Nothing wrong with that, right?  Or maybe you'd like to go live in a tent in the middle of nowhere without a toilet, running water, electricity, packaged foods, warm clothes and complete silence.  Because the mere fact that you are using a computer to type a response is hypocritical considering that science provided you the technological means to pass on your religious nonsense.  Do you use a cellphone, go to the doctor, take medicine, eat yogurt, drive a car, fly on a plane, use air conditioning, read a book, have photos taken, watch television, use a telescope?  All provided to you by science.  What advancement has religion provided in the last 500 years to better the human condition?
 1. http://www.skepdic.com/lourdes.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:47:25 PM by Dkit »
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »
I'm in the process of reading(still in old testament) and I got to say, although it might sound wrong to stone people, you need to understand God needed to embed fear so that we wouldn't sin. In order to do that, people needed to get stoned so that people would know he was serious so that they don't do it. Besides, God already answered the prayer of no more stoning by sending Jesus in to wash away our sins.
Fear?  What about love and nurturing?  An infinite omnimax got can't come up with a better rationale then to instill fear on the people he desires obedience from?  I'm willing to bet he would have got a better response if he took a different route.  Being that I find stoning as a method of persuasion disgusting, I am a more moral being than your god, and you, apparently.  Yes, Jesus, the bloody human sacrifice and a substitute punishment.  I don't need someone else to take the wrap for me when I've done something wrong.  No, thanks.  Why is it wrong for other religious cultures to practice human sacrifice?

Just because the Mormons and Muslims belive in "fairty tales" doesn't mean the christians and Jewish are wrong. Your criticizing two races and putting faults on others like if it's ours. Some people do create stories, that's why I only belive Christ and revelation, anything beyond revelation(Not in the bible) is not cause for recognition unless I see a miracle and acknowldge the work of the holy spirit.
Couple things:  What evidence is there that the Jewish and Christians stories are anything other than myth and legend?  There is only ONE race:  the human one.  Mormons, Muslims, Christians and Jews are religious adherents.  Revelatory religions are only useful to those who receive the revelation.[1] How do I know those people weren't deluded, insane, mistaken or lying?  There's zero evidence that can support the vast number of magical/supernatural occurrences in the bible.  If you were to see a miracle, how would you know it was from your god and not say, allah or Zeus or Odin or Ra?  They all have exactly the same amount of evidence.  None.

Proof #8 - Think about Near Death Experiences

If you tell me I'm lying you can continue to be ignorant. For you just want people to think you're right and that's Satan talking! Did you ever stop to think you could be one of the apostles of Satan and that's why you say this. Hell, you could be the Anti-christ trying to make people beleive you to take us down but you're too ignorant to realize it.

Are you then going to dismiss the NDE by other believers?  Say Hindus who have a nde about their gods and afterlife?  Or Muslims?  Those experiences can also be recreated by using drugs.

Proof #9 - Understand ambiguity
If someonehad an uncurable cancer and was miracously cured, and science had no say on how it was possible, it'sd cause it's God...Next proof.
Which god?

Proof #10 - Watch the offering plate
In the bible, God states to make offerings when you go to church. The church needs money to stay open and feed the poor. You say how can God not answer prayters and do it himself is cause he uses people to do it for him. For if he came down we'd all discinegrate. Our mortal bodies can't stand his presence that's why we have a soul. We got one the minute Adam and Eve ate the apple.
God needs money to help feed the poor because he can't do it himself.  You've just made your god impotent.  Good job.  Adam and Eve were not real people.  

Proof #11 - Notice that there is no scientific evidence
Um, there is  you've just haven't found it yet. Remember, seek me and you shall find? Obviously, you don't really want to seek him.
If we haven't found the evidence yet, then there no evidence to suggest it's on par with reality, and, therefore, no reason to believe it exists.

Proof #12 - See the magic
Magic is a term created by people. I'll pass that one.
Yes, just like god.

Proof #13 - Take a look at slavery
You didn't live in those times to justify your irrational statement.
Idiotic statement.  Would you like to have been slave in any time?  I'm guessing no.

Proof #14 - Examine Jesus' miracles

Ever hear of the Shroud of Turin?
Debunked and reproduced.  
 1. Paraphrasing Thomas Paine
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:14:35 PM by Dkit »

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »
For God is a vengeful God

God needed to embed fear

What a lovely picture...  &)

There's only One God and that's the Almighty. Bible states it if you're going according to the bible.

Circular reasoning is circular.

God of the gaps.

He's getting rid of the evil. Jeesh, onece again you repeat. You're getting boring.

Stop defending genocide!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_itrJx2FJI[/youtube]

Maybe God wants you to bitch about so you can do something because obviously the pople God wanted to do that turned their backs.

LoL, Wuh?!

Ah, so Yahweh IS a sexist pig.  Gotcha.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Online JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +203/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »
This is the scariest part of the entire post. 

To be continued....

Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 06:38:24 PM »
Jesus is not to appear again until the time of Armageddon. It says so in revelation.
Well, if it says so in the bible. . .it must be true.

Please show how babies being dashed against rocks, all non-virgin girls killed, someone "spilling his seed", someone touching the ark, children teasing a bald man, or people worshiping a different god is akin to a murderer being given the death penalty?  Go on, defend your murderous god.

There is proof God exists you just don't seek. Stop repeating yourself you're starting to sound like someone who has no other defense other than to repeat.
And you keep telling us to seek "proof".  If there were "proof" of your god, why are there so many other religions and gods worshiped?  Many of us sought evidence while we were still Christians.  It's just not there.  Wake up and smell reality.

Why would an omnimax god care one whit about the bipedal primates on a small blue dot orbiting a rather ordinary star at the edge of some random galaxy?  We aren't that important.

What about free will?  Why is there still evil in the world if god wants to get rid of it.  Anything an omnimax god wants will by definition be done.  

Simply because everyone wants to be right. Grant it, I want Jesus to come so I can stick it to the Jews but I know it's wrong so I respect peopels faith and we they try to say and impose s**t on me of theirs the holy spirit within me gets hurt and I defend.
Arrogant much?

Wow, just wow.  I can't respond.  

What created the sun? It wasn't just there? and if an explosion happen, where the f**k did all the organisms come free. Doesn't scince say extreme heat in the sun kill ALL ORGANIMS CAUSE NOTHING CAN SURVIVE IT?!!!!!!
READ A BOOK!  Crikey, watch the science channel.  

Here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-LXUHJmzzc[/youtube]

Proof #27 - Think about life after death

I do and it's scary. I'm afriad of burning in hell for all eternity.
Shed your delusion and all will be better.

About soul, can you explain to me why when some does does their body become eaier to pick because they've actually lost weight?
Um, what?  Evidence that this is factual, please.

Proof #28 - Notice how many gods you reject
There's only one. As you said before, he has different names but he's one in the same.
Wrong.  There are literally thousands of gods.  You may claim they are all YOUR god, but saying it doesn't make it so and is very arrogant.  If they are all the same, why are they all so different?  Why do they represent the culture in which they are worshiped?  Why is god not universal to all cultures at all times?  Because, say it with me. . .he is imaginary.

Proof #29 - Think about Communion
It's just a symblosim not to be taken literal. Jesus means in heart and soul.
It's an earlier borrowed pagan ritual.  

OMG.  Seriously?  Pull yourself out of the bronze age and join the rest of us.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:41:17 PM by Dkit »

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 06:47:03 PM »
Um, what?  Evidence that this is factual, please.

Good replies, dkit.

About this, he's referring to this article, I'm sure
http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp

Really the study he's referring to is inconclusive.

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 06:49:17 PM »
lol.  Thanks, Emily.

Offline GetMeThere

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 06:49:36 PM »
Proof # 1-Try Praying
"What would happen if we get down on our knees and pray to God in this way...God would look into your heart and see if you're indeed seriously or you're simply doing it out of mockery. If out of mockery he'll simply ignore you. For God is a vengeful God and will not help those he seek him in heart and soul.

So, you just proved right there God exists for he's not listening to your mockery.

There is proof here, alright: it's proof that no one should bother reading anything else you've written. Of course, you could be "joking" or trying to provoke. But I have to take you at face value from your first post...and you're talking nonsense (Poe?).

And, if you're an invidual who lost someone to cancer, I'm sorry that this caused you to hate God and say he doesn't exists because you prayed and nothing happened. If you truly had faith and no doubts, I'm sure it would've happened.

And this is the reason for this site: The empty assurances of believers in religions (or writers of bibles) that they are SURE certain things will happen from belief in god. You are NOT sure, mostly because the promised occurrences DO NOT happen--as you very well know yourself.

I'm not going to continue on, because this post is SO outrageous that I suspect a Poe...

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »
I'm sure I've wasted my time, but I was feeling frisky this morning. 

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 07:43:42 PM »
That right there is the public school system for ya. Though there are many bright students in public schools the OP is representative of the majority.

Proper education is the death of religion.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Odin

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-3
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 08:48:41 PM »

Proof #6 - Ponder God's Plan

Odin, King of the Gods, is rolling on the floor of Asgaard and laughing his ass off.

You have to be kidding, right?  Nobody can be this stupid.  This has to be a joke.

Odin, King of the Gods

PS - Don't even get me started on the Freudian Slip of "fairty tales."

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »

Sigged.  And I don't normally sig-hunt.  CAFMAN6986, at what grade of elementary school did you decide to drop out?  This has nothing whatsoever to do with evolution.  The reason vegetarian humans (like me) don't turn into "apes" after generations is that selection pressures on each generation don't favor ape-like attributes.  If they did, then we eventually would turn into ape-like creatures.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 08:58:50 PM by Azdgari »
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +658/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 09:51:22 PM »

f-ing classic!  No response to a prayer is proof of god's existence!  Get that?  A lack of evidence is evidence.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 10:03:06 PM »

To be continued....

It won't continue for long if you don't engage the members questions.

Offline CAFMAN6986

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 11:16:38 PM »
I respect all of your answers. But, I want you to answer me this....for if you answer it with proof, you are "right".

I was going through a breakdown. Satan spoke to me and told me to sell my soul and I could have all that I desired. I kept resisting in my head...No! No! No!!!

He refused to leave me alone. I kept hearing voices in my head saying yes. I was horrorfied.

That night, after reading a chapter from the bible, I cried and pleaded...

"Lord, God. The God of Israel. God of all creations and Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, please hear my prayers."

I explained the situation then went to bed. When I slept, I saw a battle going on. Fire everywhere, like described in the revelation.

I then saw someone, a little taller then me, fighting off a monstrous demon. After killing it, he turned and looked at me and I asked..who are you? And he said..."I'm Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It's Okay. You're saved. Everything will be all right."

After he said this I step forward to see(For in mymind I questioned, wait, I want to know if he's black or white) and before I could get a close look(I saw him from a few distance but the light was kinda bright.) I awoken. And, I felt safe. I wasn't feeling pain, I wasn't angry anymore. My family fought with me and I felt holy as a result of that dream.

Now, I am not a drug taker. I detest them, they make you stupid and cause you to stink like shit. How do you explain what happened?

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 11:18:42 PM »
How do you explain what happened?

You've got some serious fucking problems. That's how I explain it.

Offline Dragnet

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • iustus res "We just want the facts"
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »
I am in no position to even try and explain what happened.

However, based on you telling and description I would have to remain skeptical.

I am responsible with my actions NOW so I don't HAVE to be responsible for them later.

Offline ReasonIsOutToLunch

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 11:42:11 PM »

I would explain it this way: brief psychotic disorder. Unless, you are continuing to have hallucinations.
God, doesn't know pi.

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 11:49:32 PM »
^^ Perhaps I shouldn't have been so quick to give a diagnosis...

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 11:52:56 PM »
"What would happen if we get down on our knees and pray to God in this way:  (snip prayer)

If you get an "answer," how do you distinguish the voice of a real god from the voice of your own imagination?  I don't think we have the neurological technology to do that yet.

Proof #3 - Look at historical gods... I don't need to. There's only One God and that's the Almighty. Bible states it if you're going according to the bible.

Logical fallacy:  Petitio principii.  I, myself, prefer the Eddas to the Bible.  Thank you for proving the existence of Oðinn, Freyja, Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Frigga, Baldur...

Biblegod couldn't possibly have invented science.  It couldn't even come up with a decent approximation of pi.

I'm in the process of reading(still in old testament) and I got to say, although it might sound wrong to stone people, you need to understand God needed to embed fear so that we wouldn't sin. In order to do that, people needed to get stoned so that people would know he was serious so that they don't do it.

That is indescribably sick and morally indefensible.

Just because the Mormons and Muslims belive in "fairty tales" doesn't mean the christians and Jewish are wrong.

Then I expect a Talking Snake™ in my mailbox first thing tomorrow morning, or an admission that Christians do, indeed, believe in fairy tales.

My father was mugged in 2000 and choked to death. He told me he saw a brightlight and the tunnel and said as he tried to head towards he was pushed back and awoken.

He honestly may have thought he was dead, but I don't think that his brain actually died at any time.

Also, my mother passed for 10 minutes and came back. She told me she saw God but refused to tell me deatils as she is not allowed to reveal the secrets of the Lord. She did say he was the most beautiful looking person in the world and was very humble, warm and welcoming.

I think that she was alive, but hallucinating, just as for your father.

Did you ever stop to think you could be one of the apostles of Satan and that's why you say this. Hell, you could be the Anti-christ trying to make people beleive you to take us down but you're too ignorant to realize it.

It's possible, I suppose, but I think it is vastly more likely that you are suffering from heavy religious indoctrination and also some severe mental health problems as evidenced by your second  post.

If someonehad an uncurable cancer and was miracously cured, and science had no say on how it was possible, it's cause it's God...Next proof.

Ever heard of cancers going into remission?  

In the bible, God states to make offerings when you go to church. The church needs money to stay open and feed the poor.

I prefer to give to my local food bank.  More food, less overhead, and no preaching.

You say how can God not answer prayters and do it himself is cause he uses people to do it for him. For if he came down we'd all discinegrate.

Completely ridiculous.  If this were so, Jesus couldn't even have preached to his disciples without disintegrating them.

Proof #13 - Take a look at slavery... You didn't live in those times to justify your irrational statement.

Slavery is wrong.  Period.

Ever hear of the Shroud of Turin?  That was left by jesus.

Sorry, but no.  It's a medieval forgery, and has been thoroughly debunked.

Proof #15 - Examine Jesus' resurrection... I don't need to.

Yes, you most certainly *do* need to examine this.  There is no empirical evidence for anyone, anywhere coming back from the dead after several days.  It is almost certainly a myth, stolen from earlier myths of resurrected god-men.

Jesus is not to appear again until the time of Armageddon. It says so in revelation.

The Bible is not acceptable evidence here.

No.  I am opposed to the death penalty.  I would want the murderer imprisoned for the rest of his or her life, and I absolutely would *not* want the murderer tortured for eternity.  To inflict such pain upon *any* sentient being is to commit an even greater crime.

Proof #22 - Count all the people God wants to murder... He's getting rid of the evil.

Já, riiight.  Were the Amalekite babies were so evil your pretend god couldn't think of anything else to do with them, other than have them killed?

Are you listening to the vicious rationalizations you're spouting here?  You are morally bankrupt, and not because some mythical woman allegedly ate an apple a long time ago.  You did this all on your own.

Grant it, I want Jesus to come so I can stick it to the Jews but I know it's wrong...

Obviously your religion has not made you a better person.

I'm afriad of burning in hell for all eternity.

The person who taught you that is an extremely abusive person.

I am so certain that hell does not exist, and so determined that I could *not* worship a god that would create such a place, that I have made a conscious decision to go to hell rather than heaven if those places actually exist.  I simply could not be happy in a heaven if anyone else was suffering in hell.

Face the fear directly, and in time it will go away.

What a pathetic responsibility dodge... Blaming the woes of the world on a mythical woman who didn't even know that eating the Forbidden Fruit was wrong...

...Because, before eating the fruit, she did not have knowledge of good and evil.

Please seek competent professional help from a certified psychiatrist before your religious delusions destroy the rest of your life.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 06:37:32 AM »

Uhmmm... you had a dream.  What is there to explain?
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Agga

• Fellow
  • Darwins +27/-42
  • The Forum is made of its members.
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 06:41:45 AM »
bm
I've left WWGHA now, so do everyone else a favour and don't bother replying to my old posts and necromancing my threads.

Offline RaymondKHessel

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-3
  • Born with insight, and a raised fist.
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 10:14:56 AM »

My diagnosis as well. You need psychotherapy, not religion. And you need it badly.

Born with insight, and a raised fist.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 10:20:21 AM »
f-ing classic!  No response to a prayer is proof of god's existence!  Get that?  A lack of evidence is evidence.

The fact that you can't see the space-ship in my back-yard is proof that I have a space-ship with a cloaking device.  Proof, I say.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Levan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 10:25:30 AM »
CAFMAN, how do you explain the visions that Hindus have?

How do you explain the visions that Muslims have?

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 10:43:12 AM »
After he said this I step forward to see(For in mymind I questioned, wait, I want to know if he's black or white) and before I could get a close look(I saw him from a few distance but the light was kinda bright.) I awoken. And, I felt safe. I wasn't feeling pain, I wasn't angry anymore. My family fought with me and I felt holy as a result of that dream.

You had a dream. Nothing supernatural about that. And by the way, story book Jesus wasn't Caucasian or African.

Now, I am not a drug taker. I detest them, they make you stupid and cause you to stink like shit. How do you explain what happened?

I really question whether or not you've ever had a drug addiction. Drugs make you stupid and stink? Is that what mom and dad told you?
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos