Author Topic: Troll control...  (Read 2951 times)

Offline RNS

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
  • Diplomat
Re: Troll control...
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2012, 04:02:42 PM »
Well he was specifically mentioned in the OP. But still, this thing finished in 2010- talk about necromancing a thread!
love and truth and love of truth

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 06:17:41 PM »
He necromanced a two year old thread just for that?

Seriously dude....
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 01:08:25 AM »
The oath would be an OK condition of entry.  On the other hand I do not think that we should discourage students, or other deist types, from engaging in discourse here.  We have an obligation to plant the seeds of doubt. How can we do so unless we get them reeled in? It is abundently clear that xtians are ill equipped to debate here. There are too many of you that know their bible and their dogma better than they do. Yes, you can plant those seeds in jesus people except for the most seriously f**ked up ones.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 04:21:52 PM »
So rather than barring them entry if they are here by order of their school/whatever, why not just have them swear to declare the fact when they join?  That way they will still get to join, but we won't be mislead.  Unless they lie, of course, but that's a problem under any system discussed so far.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »
I really don't care why someone joins the board. School project, fun, curiosity, anger, whatever ... its a free internet. As long as they don't misrepresent themselves, why do we care? If I were studying christianity I might join a christian board to study up on the species.  ;D 

I guess I don't understand the problem. People come and go here all the time. Why treat students with a homework assignment any differently?
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 02:37:18 PM »
I guess I don't understand the problem.
Neither do I, Trav, and I started the thread!

Thinking about it again, I wouldn't mind if a theology student came here and was upfront about making 25 posts as part of their course requirement - they could request a debate with one or two people on a single subject, and that might be a worthwhile exercise for all concerned.

What was pissing me off two years ago (!) was people joining in a few discussions, stimulating debate and then suddenly disappearing when they'd fulfilled their quota.

Not that I knew for sure that these were theological students. I may simply have been paranoid (I used to be paranoid, but the alien doctors cured me during my latest abduction. I'm fine now).

Actually,

I was "invited" to come to this blog/forum because of answers I typed on youtube.com and that alone is why I came and answered questions.

(edit:  actually I should specify that "DL" posted what I posted on youtube here and sort of baited me into this discussion)

This name calling of "troll" for people who come to forums and answer questions and engage in point for point rebuttals is beneath all intellectual integrity.
Your first post for two years, Breckmin.

Welcome back.

I apologize for suggesting that you were a theological student.