Author Topic: Project Blue Beam  (Read 2160 times)

Offline hideousmonster

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
Project Blue Beam
« on: September 04, 2008, 01:48:42 AM »
Has anybody else heard of the secret program to create a technologically simulated world-wide religious event? The conspiracy theroy claims that technology either will be or has been developed to project 3D holographic images or video into the sky, all over the planet and the use of microwaves to beam audio signals directly into human brains, bypassing the ears, making it seem telepathic. The theorists claim that the plan is to unite everybody, mostly willingly, under the rule of a few totalitarian "messiahs," or at least under one global government. According to some, the technology already exists, is being set up for use, and that the world population is being gradually prepped through the media and through artificially generated environmental crisises. The big event, is expected to incorporate not only religious images, but also science fiction imagery, like UFOs. That way, the alleged secret government can bring their secret antigravity technology into the public eye, and convince everybody that these craft are both extraterrestrial and divine, and therefore trustworthy.

The big question for me is, if there were such a series of global events, would atheists be more likely to believe the religious implications, or automatically assume it was an artificial effect of technology used for a global power-grab, and if the latter, would atheists be more likely to assume it was all Extraterrestrial, or all human?
Your thoughts?
If a tree fell in a forest, and the people around to hear it were not scientists conducting a controlled audio experiment... did it make a sound?

Offline JTW

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: Project Blue Beam
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 07:07:55 AM »
Personally I believe, at least protestant Christians would be one of the last groups to submit to this were it to ever happen. They've been preparing for the anti-christ for so long now, this fits the bill to a tee.

Then atheists likewise - the grand sceptics, would also dismiss it.

Hrmm, unlikely alliances! I'm writing this into a movie.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:59:36 AM »
I don't think that scenario is plausible, but let's assume it is.

If something unusual appeared in the sky, my first thought would be to record it.  Many people have cell phone cameras these days.

The second thing I'd do is deconstruct the phenomenon; try not to interpret what I saw, try not to read-in extra details that were not there, but to scrape the details together from what I saw. 

I'm not an artist, but there are skills that artists use to both see a scene deeply and to reconstruct it later.  (Example: Colors change when light intensity changes.  Shadows are cast at odd angles, making shapes. ... )
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »
I have often said that NO evidence, in the form of physical phenomena in the natural world, could ever convict me of the existence of a non-physical, supernatural god.  Anything, no matter how impressive, could be the work of super-advanced space aliens.  Or in this case, the One World Secret Illuminati Government.

I'd probably assume it was humans doing it, simply because I haven't seen any evidence yet of the existence of space aliens.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline bahramthered

• Fellow
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 02:12:42 PM »
If the technology works It might work for a while. Such a huge plot would require a huge expendature of effort and there would no doubt be flaws. Over time these flaws would get picked apart. The only question would be the time table and how, and how well our new masters managed to deal with them.

Hermes; That reflex helps them. Flying ships (either anti grav or holograms). They'd probally pose for picutres. Team your proof up with the mind control effect and anyone with a camera becomes a new emmisary.

xphobe; That's the point, the event would be the "proof". Freindly ETs walking out of their space ships and saving the planet.

JTW: Get writting, I am. This is a hillarious movie idea...

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »
Hermes; That reflex helps them. Flying ships (either anti grav or holograms). They'd probally pose for picutres. Team your proof up with the mind control effect and anyone with a camera becomes a new emmisary.

True, but I can't know what's going on before hand.  I can only go with what I know and be humble about the interpretation (as I emphasized being the hard problem).  Keeping the ruse going and me ignorant ... pushing the lie as what 'seems to be real' would take quite a bit of effort.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline JTW

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 11:09:42 AM »
Bahrem mine's going to be a Romeo/Juliet kind of story - the forbidden love between a Christian and an Atheist at the end of the world.

I'm rich biatch!!

Offline hideousmonster

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 03:20:31 AM »
I have often said that NO evidence, in the form of physical phenomena in the natural world, could ever convict me of the existence of a non-physical, supernatural god.  Anything, no matter how impressive, could be the work of super-advanced space aliens.  Or in this case, the One World Secret Illuminati Government.

I'd probably assume it was humans doing it, simply because I haven't seen any evidence yet of the existence of space aliens.

The spiritualists have a long way to go to convince you then. First they have to show you a miracle, then they have to convince you that it actually happened, then they have to convince you that humans couldn't have done it, then after you've fallen back to the ET explanation, they have to convince you that extraterrestrial beings couldn't or at least didn't do it. At that point, would you fall back on even more exotic explanations, like interdemensional phenomenon before considering the possibility that such a large percentage of the population might be correct in their explanation?  Or after finally conceding to the existence of souls and angels, would you maintain skepticism about the existence of a god?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 02:16:38 PM by hideousmonster »
If a tree fell in a forest, and the people around to hear it were not scientists conducting a controlled audio experiment... did it make a sound?

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 06:38:10 AM »
I don't believe in souls or angels either, but yes, I would maintain skepticism about the existence of a god.  Any reason why I shouldn't?
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline hideousmonster

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 08:24:25 AM »
I don't believe in souls or angels either, but yes, I would maintain skepticism about the existence of a god.  Any reason why I shouldn't?
I can't think of a single one.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 08:42:46 AM »
Hideousmonster, part of your concluding comment seems to promote the soul (non-corporeal?) as a possibility.  I don't think that concept has been shown to exist in reality outside a metaphor or a method of attempting to grasp the complexity of a person's 'essence' that seemed to be intangible.

Like 'life after death', I think the facts seem not to be in dispute about the existance of a detachable non-corporeal 'soul'.  Comments appreciated if this applies to what you were discussing.

Repost from: The fear of ceasing to exist
The afterlife is an entire fabrication; I'll say with confidence that there is no such place.

Why?  Think about what we know.  What we do not need to speculate about.

1. Death is not a clear line; on one side alive, on the other completely dead.  Death happens in stages as individual cells no longer retain integrity for a variety of reasons, often because of oxygen starvation from organ failure or trauma that prevents the blood from circulating.

2. All of our thoughts are contained in a structure of neurons.

3. When people start to die, the brain is frequently one of the last organs to be starved of oxygen.

4. The 'tunnel of light' is caused by the visual cortex loosing oxygen and the remaining parts of the brain attempting to deal with that.  The same 'tunnel' can be simulated.  Pilots experience this when they use a centrifuge under high G forces for training or to test new gear.

5. People who live after being through this oxygen starvation tell stories based on their brain's attempt to deal with the stress.  They talk about 'flash backs', they talk about 'stepping outside' of themselves and seeing themselves.  The same thing the pilots in the centrifuges report.

6. The more time the brain or any organ is starved, the more damage.

7. People don't act any differently from more damage (that brings them closer to complete death and thus an 'afterlife') then other victims of brain damage.

These are facts.  So, what can we with confidence say about what exists after life?  We already know.   Surgeons in emergency rooms know, EMS teams know, morticians know, and families and friends at bed sides know.  All else is arrogance, fantasy, and wishful thinking of those who witness that finality.

Offline hideousmonster

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 02:09:54 PM »
Hideousmonster, part of your concluding comment seems to promote the soul (non-corporeal?) as a possibility. I don't think that concept has been shown to exist in reality outside a metaphor or a method of attempting to grasp the complexity of a person's 'essence' that seemed to be intangible.

Perhaps it does promote the soul, but it doesn't quite affirm it, does it?  It's a quirky personality trait of mine. I like to use careful phrasology and vocal tone to imply things about myself which are simply not true, yet fall short of technical dishonesty. I find it humorous. I may have asperger's syndrome, because I think this abnormal sense of humor stems from my own strict dicipline of taking the comments of others completely at face value. By tempting others to read me wrong through the connotations of my honest words, I suppose I subconsciously validate my own staunch interpretational literalness.

It's kind of a social problem for me, because many people really don't like conversing with me even in person, because I practically suffer from the condition depicted in .
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 02:16:49 PM by hideousmonster »

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 02:24:39 PM »
Has anybody else heard of the secret program to create a technologically simulated world-wide religious event? The conspiracy theroy claims that technology either will be or has been developed to project 3D holographic images or video into the sky, all over the planet and the use of microwaves to beam audio signals directly into human brains, bypassing the ears, making it seem telepathic. The theorists claim that the plan is to unite everybody, mostly willingly, under the rule of a few totalitarian "messiahs," or at least under one global government. According to some, the technology already exists, is being set up for use, and that the world population is being gradually prepped through the media and through artificially generated environmental crisises. The big event, is expected to incorporate not only religious images, but also science fiction imagery, like UFOs. That way, the alleged secret government can bring their secret antigravity technology into the public eye, and convince everybody that these craft are both extraterrestrial and divine, and therefore trustworthy.

The big question for me is, if there were such a series of global events, would atheists be more likely to believe the religious implications, or automatically assume it was an artificial effect of technology used for a global power-grab, and if the latter, would atheists be more likely to assume it was all Extraterrestrial, or all human?
Your thoughts?

unless the techology was perfect and *no* one spilled the beans, it wouldnt' work. I and others would simply apply the same science to the effect as any other "siting", be it UFO's, Jesus on a sandwich, etc. 

The first big problem I can see is that the blind and deaf would be "umm, didn't God want to get me in on the action?"  Why wouldn't "God" appear to them in some much less humanly limited way? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

truthhurts

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 10:44:38 PM »
I just want to reply about the idea of a religious event.  There is a god spot in our brains.  Some self proclaimed atheists agreed to have this part of their brain stimulated during surgery that was needed for other reasons.  They had some need for brain surgery and they let the Dr's stimulate the God center while they had their skulls cracked.  Many of the ones reported a sense of a divine presence.  There is convincing evidence that a part of our brain makes us feel the presence of a higher power.  This may have helped people in the past survive, and be a product of evolution.  This is part of the reason I am not that critical of my christian friends.  My wife is a christian.  Religion is not all bad some people need it as a means of hope and it serves as a method of control for society.  I think that people that do not use religion to force there will or to harm others should be left alone.  Only the people that use the Bible to do harm , and believe it is 100% true are truly delirious. 

Look at the floods in the mid west they did not wait for the government to help them they stood together and help each other.  The Katrina folks looted raped murdered and shot at police helicopters.  I believe god if you will and the devil are nothing more than the good and evil that is in our own minds.  We should take some of the suggestions in the bible to be better people, help others.  There will be no divine hand to come down and help us.  We are all we have.  I say to the gays and the blacks.  What side would you choose, if given a split America.  You could live in the half of America that votes Dem or rep.  I don't like the thought of living with a bunch of bible thumpers, but there would be less crime on the rep side.  I say to the Evangelicals.  Why not leave people alone.  If the gays want to marry, why do you care.  No gay except the log cabin republicans "check these guys out" would vote rep.  its bc you wont let them live in peace.  You blacks that are asking for more from the government need to back off and look at affirmative action.  Its discrimination against the white man. 

I am an NRA member, Republican, ex Army Special Forces operator "green berets",  I believe meat is murder but i eat it anyway.  We would be better off not eating meat, I don't eat much, but I do eat animals.  I am so angry that we are not holding our government to the constitution.  I know the bible is not true, There could be a higher being but I don't think so.  I believe in doing the right thing, to me that's limiting suffering.  If you make any choice you can ask yourself if this going to be the choice of less suffering, and that's the way to go.  I have seen genocide right there in my face the stench of them rotting, most nights I am plunged into pure evil in my dreams.  Wake up people.  Some christian asked me why would an atheist do whats right, and my answer is I have a wife and kid they will probably outlive me by a long time, what kind of world will we pass on.  I will vote for McCain because Oboma can not be trusted.  He turned his back on his preacher, he did not take a stand for change in the leg branch.  He voted present for so many things not willing to vote for or against them.  Most importantly he will have a dem congress that will push through anything he wants.  We saw what a rep congress and a rep president could do they write them blank checks.  McCain is by no means my first pick but he is moderate and he will have a dem congress that will oppose him, and the only laws they should be able to get passed are the ones that make sense to both parties. 

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 08:14:18 AM »
Welcome truthhurts!  Very information-filled first post.  I don't think you left anything out :)

I agree with a lot of what you say.  Regarding Project Blue Beam you bring up an interesting point.  There does seem to be a "god spot" in our brain.  Richard Dawkins tried having his magnetically stimulated but he didn't feel anything.  I would love to try it.  If a Blue Beam could target that spot selectively, who knows what people would do.

You may be right, it may have had survival value at one time.  However, not all features of our bodies and our behavior which once had survival value are still beneficial.  Some can be harmful in our present environment.  For example, sickle-cell trait.  And the appendix, which can trap food, become inflamed and rupture. And the tendency of males to be sexually promiscuous.  And racial prejudice, which is a distrust of people who don't look like you.

I think the God Spot is one of those.  Whatever benefit it once had is long since overshadowed by the misery and suffering it has caused.  We don't need a god anymore, we need to be responsible and nice to each other.  The great thing about being human and having a big brain is that we have the option of not being slaves to our biological urges anymore.  We can be good in spite of our heredity, not because of it.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »
I say to the gays and the blacks.  What side would you choose, if given a split America.  You could live in the half of America that votes Dem or rep.  I don't like the thought of living with a bunch of bible thumpers, but there would be less crime on the rep side.

Crime does not seem to be any less prevalent in religion heavy areas.  Most people incarcerated are theists, mostly Christian.
I say to the Evangelicals.  Why not leave people alone.  If the gays want to marry, why do you care.  No gay except the log cabin republicans "check these guys out" would vote rep.  its bc you wont let them live in peace.  You blacks that are asking for more from the government need to back off and look at affirmative action.  Its discrimination against the white man. 
oh please. 
I am an NRA member, Republican, ex Army Special Forces operator "green berets",  I believe meat is murder but i eat it anyway.

you may be the real thing but it's amazing how many people claim to be Green Berets or SEALS. Those groups would have to be ten times their size to accomodate all of the wannabees.  Why do you eat meat if you think it is murder which I would assume means that you think it's wrong.
We would be better off not eating meat, I don't eat much, but I do eat animals.  I am so angry that we are not holding our government to the constitution.  I know the bible is not true, There could be a higher being but I don't think so.  I believe in doing the right thing, to me that's limiting suffering.  If you make any choice you can ask yourself if this going to be the choice of less suffering, and that's the way to go.  I have seen genocide right there in my face the stench of them rotting, most nights I am plunged into pure evil in my dreams.  Wake up people.  Some christian asked me why would an atheist do whats right, and my answer is I have a wife and kid they will probably outlive me by a long time, what kind of world will we pass on.  I will vote for McCain because Oboma can not be trusted.  He turned his back on his preacher, he did not take a stand for change in the leg branch.  He voted present for so many things not willing to vote for or against them.  Most importantly he will have a dem congress that will push through anything he wants.  We saw what a rep congress and a rep president could do they write them blank checks.  McCain is by no means my first pick but he is moderate and he will have a dem congress that will oppose him, and the only laws they should be able to get passed are the ones that make sense to both parties. 

McCain chose an extremist running mate.  What does that say about him?  Why is Obama not to be trusted?  Because he repudiated a hateful man?  And how did he "not stand for change in the leg branch"?  He voted "present" in the Illinois legislature, not the federal one.  You can see the concept behind this having "present" votes here: http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/01/24/fact_check_obamas_present_votes/

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline hideousmonster

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 04:08:33 PM »
I've never heard of this "god spot."  Maybe it actually works by keeping us from noticing god. By "stimulating" it you actually turn it off, temporarily.