Author Topic: The Real Answer to the Question  (Read 1262 times)

Offline John McCray

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
The Real Answer to the Question
« on: December 27, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »
You want to know the real answer to the question posed on this forum and website, "Why Won't God Heal Amputees?"  It is this. 

As you have noticed, God doesn't "heal" amputees (i.e. grow a new arm back in the way that you can heal many other diseases.)  First of all, God would not heal on our command; He would heal for His own purposes.  Could God do that?  Could He grow a new limb back?  Of course!  If He created the Universe, He could do that and anything else He wants.  But you have put your definitions and assumptions on what God should and should not do.  You have it all bass-ackwards.  Thus, you will continue on in finding no answers to your question.  God doesn't "heal" amputees because it wouldn't require any faith on the part of people such as yourself.  Does God heal amputees' hearts, those who call upon His name, and do invisible things inside their inner persons?  Of course He does.  Scour the Internet for those stories and testimonies instead of stories that only support your limited way of thinking.  Does God work in their lives in a multitude of ways that will still leave you confused and confounded?  Obviously. 

You should be more concerned with the question, "Why Won't God Heal the Heart of a Spiritually Dead, Prideful Person Who Seeks to Disprove His Existence?"  The answer to that question might lead you to seek His healing for the sickness in your heart, the sickness of spending your life on a website such as this, looking to poke holes in any argument that does not fit in line with your twisted world view instead of honestly searching for God to reveal truth to you.  The question, "Why Won't God Heal Amputees," is a faulty one, and it does not seek and honest answer; it only seeks to bolster your own pride and delusions.   

Change your question.  Until you do, you'll never find true answers.  God is a healing God insomuch as He heals hearts and brings Life to the ultimate problem of death.

"Why Won't God Heal Spiritually Dead, Prideful People?"  Because they don't want to be healed.  They love their sin. 

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.  This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."   

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
Re: The Real Answer to the Question
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »
Why did you post this at all? you are just here to evangelize.

You don't ever engage in discussion, as is evidenced from your post history. I think you are a troll. I am going to report you for preaching without any intention to discuss.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 11:04:02 AM by HAL »

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 11:11:54 AM »
So, in other words, god could heal amputees, but he'd rather do vague things that are indistinguishable from wishful thinking?

Ok, whatever...  :P
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Inactive_1

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +10/-2
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 11:14:59 AM »
John is in the ER for a history of non-responsiveness to the members - he does not seem to care to respond to the answers he gets.

Offline Blaze

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • In my eyes you will see not God, but my pupil.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 11:42:12 AM »
First of all, God would not heal on our command;

First of all, you're wrong.

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. (Matthew 7:7)

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. (Matthew 17:20)

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. (Matthew 21:21)

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (Mark 11:24)

Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. (Matthew 18:19)
My signature is currently hybernating and will be updated shortly.

Your eyes are now hurting from reading that, good for you

Offline blahsphemer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »
You want to know the real answer to the question posed on this forum and website, "Why Won't God Heal Amputees?"  It is this. 

As you have noticed, God doesn't "heal" amputees (i.e. grow a new arm back in the way that you can heal many other diseases.)  First of all, God would not heal on our command; He would heal for His own purposes.  Could God do that?  Could He grow a new limb back?  Of course!  If He created the Universe, He could do that and anything else He wants.  But you have put your definitions and assumptions on what God should and should not do.  You have it all bass-ackwards.  Thus, you will continue on in finding no answers to your question.  God doesn't "heal" amputees because it wouldn't require any faith on the part of people such as yourself.  Does God heal amputees' hearts, those who call upon His name, and do invisible things inside their inner persons?  Of course He does.
Your little speech goes against the will god,because this scripture is the will of god in regards to healing prayers...
\/ \/ \/
James 5:15-16:
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Buy this scripture a christian should be able to heal an amputee, but because it doesn't work for an amputee it must be lie.
We the nonbelievers who do not have faith are not asking why healing an amputee won't work for us.
We are asking you why it doesn't ever work for you even though you do claim to have faith?

Your the one who is dictating what god can and cannot do by trying to redefine what a miracle is when you say this...
Does God heal amputees' hearts, those who call upon His name, and do invisible things inside their inner persons?  Of course He does
So why is it god can't heal both the amputees limb and his heart through your faith?

Your failure to live up to what James 5:15-16 says in regards to amputees demonstrates you don't have faith in Jesus.
So why should we believe any testimony you make when we clearly see you don't believe in the words that come out of your saviours mouth?
  <<the kind of christian woman i like.

Offline DI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »
As you have noticed, God doesn't "heal" amputees

ahhh, the magical mystery heal... gotcha.  ;)
"As I have previously stated, the middle east has been extensively excavated, and there is no evidence of the Exodus.  No Exodus, no chosen people.  No chosen people, no messiah.  No messiah, no resurrection.  No resurrection, no god."

-Odin

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 09:02:08 AM »
God doesn't "heal" amputees because it wouldn't require any faith on the part of people such as yourself.  Does God heal amputees' hearts, those who call upon His name, and do invisible things inside their inner persons?  Of course He does.

LOL! "do invisible things inside their inner persons."

I'd like to see an example of this :D

"Why Won't God Heal Spiritually Dead, Prideful People?"  Because they don't want to be healed.  They love their sin. 

Can't love (or hate) something I don't believe exists. Sorry ...
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 09:11:38 AM »
Here we go with the pride thing again.  I have a fundie friend who keeps telling me that pride won't allow me to accept Jesus.  WTF does that even mean?  I'm tempted to send a prayer to Jesus to let him know what these people are doing down here - anybody want to help me in a big atheist group prayer!

Offline nickyblames

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Even lesbians aren't this cool!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 02:03:12 AM »
...anybody want to help me in a big atheist group prayer!

So long as there's nachos and chicks for me to flirt with then you can count me in!  That's how prayer works, right? ^_^
"All your afterlife are belong to me!" - God/Jesus, Anubis, Osiris, and my Ex-Girlfriend ^_^

I was going to post an awesome Marcus Aurelius quote but it's apparently too awesome to be contained by a 300 word cap!

Offline bigmark

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 08:40:16 AM »
My wife is to have her leg amputated on Wednesday and lots of my friends are praying for her but it is still going to happen because they know no matter what they can not pray for it to grow back.
They have the fear of god and I mean by that is that they are afraid to not believe just in case, but they will not admit it to myself or my wife.   

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »
bigmark - welcome to the forum, and I'm very sorry to hear about your wife and her amputation.  May I ask how you came across this website?

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »
One of the local ministers wife is dying of cancer.  He said its to late for prayer to help.  I think inside theists have doubt but they are afraid to admit it.  Just in case.
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline A username

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 03:55:10 AM »
This is a blog post I wrote but rather than linking to it, I have reposted it here. My blog does not get updated often but if you have the itch, here is the link: http://soonillbedead.wordpress.com/

Why DOES god hate amputees?

This was are part of a list of questions that should be posed to "believers" that I ran across some time ago. I did not think much of it at the time but a thought recently crossed my mind.

The premise of this argument is that prayers "appear" to help people who are sick. A gravely ill person recovers, cancers go into remission, all because of the "power of prayer." And yet, there has never been a case where an amputated limb spontaneously regenerated upon the amputee and his/her whole family and friends praying for it to happen.

That, in itself, should prove the non-existence of god.

Here is the thing that popped into my head. Starfish, lizards, sea cucumbers, etc. can quite easily regenerate lost body parts. Do they have special access to god? Can they even pray?

How about this? Humans can regenerate; we regrow our lost baby teeth. Children can also regenerate lost fingertips. The human liver can regenerate from as little as only 25% of the tissue. No prayer necessary.

By studying the animals listed above, scientists and doctors hope to someday provide real help to amputees, not just the imaginary kind that comes from prayer. Until then, you can either send your checks to the tv person representing the imaginary god, who will  perhaps "answer" all your other prayers, or you can send it to the research centers working on regeneration. If not for yourself, do it for the kids (and grown ups too) who have lost arms and legs in the holy wars. Oh hey, perhaps god likes to take limbs, not give them back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_(biology)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 10:16:47 PM »
This is a blog post I wrote but rather than linking to it, I have reposted it here. My blog does not get updated often but if you have the itch, here is the link: http://soonillbedead.wordpress.com/

Just a note, the site is now called "Why Won't God Heal Amputees".  If I'm not mistaken, they changed the name due to it's negative connotation using the word "hate."

Offline ReasonIsOutToLunch

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 12:14:57 AM »

Just a note, the site is now called "Why Won't God Heal Amputees".  If I'm not mistaken, they changed the name due to it's negative connotation using the word "hate."

I don't know why anyone would get bent over "Why does god hate Amputees", it's god doing the hating not the person asking the question.
God, doesn't know pi.