Author Topic: Hi [#340]  (Read 365 times)

Offline DL

Hi [#340]
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:05:42 PM »

HI! May I ask you a question? Do you believe Jesus Christ existed? more than 3.5 billion people do, so he can't have not existed, he must have existe at the very least of all.

Thank You

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Hi [#340]
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:44:49 PM »
HI! May I ask you a question? Do you believe Jesus Christ existed? more than 3.5 billion people do, so he can't have not existed, he must have existe at the very least of all.

You can answer this question yourself.  Find the earliest record anywhere that discusses Jesus Christ (the person in the New Testament, not just anyone with a similar title or name).

When you have the answer, come to the forums and we can discuss it.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline iJay

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 03:15:53 AM »

Thank You
99% of people used to believe the earth is flat. Therefore it used to be flat?

ratio

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:51:38 AM »
yeah and spiderman 2, the da vinci code and harry potter are amoung the most populair books/movies ever,...that doesn't make them the best istn't it.

what about the jezus IF he excisted IF, then I think it was probably a mortal man like every other man did a lot of good stuff for people , but son of god hmm.

why oh why, if we read sciencefiction or fantasy thing everybody can live in the fantasy for a sec but realises always its not real because rationality in men see that its not logic and make no sense in the end.

but hey impregnating virgins with angels whole the world says hey why not???

this has always been very disturbing for my smart brain

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 03:23:32 PM »
The Jesus of the Bible?  No.

A humble rabbi who later had a legend built around him?  Maybe.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.