Author Topic: The best optical illusion in the world! [#342]  (Read 408 times)

Offline DL

The best optical illusion in the world! [#342]
« on: September 02, 2008, 07:23:16 AM »

excellent vid .
I stand behind you in your crusade:)
I use to be a real fighter myself to try to convice religous people. but now I'm older I think to hell with it , if they prefer to believe what they think so be it. religous bullcrap is very easy to undermine if you use your brain for 2 sec:).
still many people prefer to believe imaginary stuff in sted of harch reality of life....fuck'm!
just think everybody thought centuries ago the world was flat , earth was the vcentre of the universe and flying to the moon was impossible.... time will tackle the whole god thing , when people are ready:)

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: The best optical illusion in the world! [#342]
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:59:07 AM »
excellent vid .
I stand behind you in your crusade:)

Crusade?  Nobody gave me the cool chainmail with the big red A on it!   No Sword of Science!   I feel ripped off!  Next time; Can someone tell me before the next great atheist crusade starts.

I use to be a real fighter myself to try to convice religous people. but now I'm older I think to hell with it , if they prefer to believe what they think so be it. religous bullcrap is very easy to undermine if you use your brain for 2 sec:).

I draw the line at supernaturalism and how pushy they are.  If they don't bug me and they don't claim magical forces controlling the universe, I don't care one bit on a personal level.

On a public level, I'd appreciate it if the Christians and other theists wouldn't make up excuses for the nutters and would slam them for being anti-democratic superstitious bigots.

still many people prefer to believe imaginary stuff in sted of harch reality of life....f**k'm!
just think everybody thought centuries ago the world was flat , earth was the vcentre of the universe and flying to the moon was impossible.... time will tackle the whole god thing , when people are ready:)

And that's the word ... reality.  If they had proof -- if they could show reality concurs with what the claim -- I'd be forced to agree even if I didn't become a follower.  Yet, they can't even meet that low bar of acceptance.

If you want to see what some of them are saying, take a look at the mailbag forum for the videos located here;

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?board=4.0
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer