Author Topic: Sadness [#341]  (Read 332 times)

Offline DL

Sadness [#341]
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:07:39 PM »
You must be a very very sad person to post just pathetic movies/clips. One day, you will see that He is real! As my son's Doctor stated...there no other reason why your son is alive...but by pure miracle...You, the very moment a lady (one NOT from my church) stood up in the middle of her church service and said, "please, Iets stop to pray this little baby now...I 'hear' Him (God) speaking to my heart"...so they did...and at that very same moment/time...my little newborn was dying...his heat was starting to give out...racing to more than 225 bpm...BUT, at that moment, his heart rate went down to a normal beat...and neve went back up again. So don't tell your story...your lies...your ways...that are not seeing the "light" at the end of tunnel. Your tunnel is dark and sad. I'll pray for you as will the rest of those who may see this. I do feel sorry for you...not anger...but sorry. God Bless your life & those you touch in hurtful words.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWb3j8EBV0k[/youtube]

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Sadness [#341]
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:10:36 PM »
You must be a very very sad person to post just pathetic movies/clips.

I didn't post the videos or even make them, but I can say I'm not sad and thought the videos were well done.

One day, you will see that He is real!

I'm guessing you mean your god and that you are alluding to death?  What I want to know is how did you determine -- before you really and truly die -- that your god was real and other gods were not?

I mean that sincerely.  I don't understand how you can be so confident when so many other people disagree that your god exists and they point toward some other god or gods instead.

Additionally, when we know how people die and what actually happens to them, I am curious why you think that there is a way for you to avoid the inevitable and why you think that what happens after your life is over continues to be a bad thing?

As my son's Doctor stated...there no other reason why your son is alive...but by pure miracle...You, the very moment a lady (one NOT from my church) stood up in the middle of her church service and said, "please, Iets stop to pray this little baby now...I 'hear' Him (God) speaking to my heart"...so they did...and at that very same moment/time...my little newborn was dying...his heat was starting to give out...racing to more than 225 bpm...BUT, at that moment, his heart rate went down to a normal beat...and neve went back up again.

So, what about the people who did the same and died?  Were they not worthy?

So don't tell your story...

Why not?  Did free speech get revoked?  Is it now wrong to speak what you think?  If so, does that apply to everyone or just people you personally disagree with?

your lies...

I encourage you to identify a single lie in any of the videos and to point it out to me.

If you can't, that's called slander.  It's called bearing false witness; lying.

your ways...that are not seeing the "light" at the end of tunnel.  Your tunnel is dark and sad.

If you do know the truth, then it is incumbent on you to do something about it.  If I remember correctly, your religion says that people who aren't true believers in your religion go to a place that has unending torture when they die. 

While I'm not a Christian and don't believe that, if I were I would do something about it so that people would not be tortured for an eternity.

I'll pray for you as will the rest of those who may see this.

That's OK.  You do know that prayer doesn't work, right?  A Templeton Foundation study showed this to be the case and seems to have been done properly.  I just don't want you to waste your time.

I do feel sorry for you...not anger...but sorry. God Bless your life & those you touch in hurtful words.

Where are the words hurtful?  Why are they hurtful?

If you want to talk with me directly I can be nice but I will be direct and honest.  What do you say?  Care to talk with an agnostic athiest?
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Sadness [#341]
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:37:51 PM »
One more note.  When I was growing up, I knew a young woman who was both smart and cheerful.  She was a joy to be around, and was nobody's fool.  Her long blond hair was immaculate, and her smile -- constantly on her lips -- was genuine. 

This is not a story about her faith or lack of faith ... we never talked about religion.  Yet, I did come to discover that when she was a very young child she was diagnosed with a nearly always fatal heart condition.  At the time, she was fortunate enough to be one of the first people to be operated on by a surgeon who pioneered a method for correcting her condition in someone her age.

After much trauma, and some very close calls, she pulled through and remained alive so that she could go on to adulthood.  As could be expected, the family should be thankful -- to the doctor and the other medical professionals who put in the long hours figuring out how to cure such a horrible disease.

Yet, I came to find, she and her family did not talk about the skilled surgeon or the other medical professionals who saved her life.  Instead, they talked about the living heart in the stuffed animal that she clung to when she was going through that trauma.  That's correct; to them, the stuffed animal was and is alive.  It lived so that she could live. 

What would you say to this young woman?

PS. Roger Bennett video.  Leukaemia, like heart disease, is a horrible disease.  It is probably worse than heart disease since suffering and death are currently inevitable in many cases yet the disease is painfully drawn out. 

The questions I have for you is this;

Why do you think your god decided that Roger Bennett should be blessed by leukaemia, while your son with a different disease survived?  Was Roger Bennett worthy of an early torture, while your son was not?

You can say these are hateful comments, yet as you know I am not in control of what your god does ... and your god is supposedly in control of everything down to the most minute detail, so don't blame me for saying something that you already think is true; that your god decided to give Roger Bennett a horrible disease and for some unknown reason decided to save your son.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer