Author Topic: WLC Style Apologetics Commentary Thread  (Read 44809 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
Re: WLC Style Apologetics Commentary Thread
« Reply #783 on: December 23, 2009, 09:27:11 AM »
Ahem, Majesty...

That's it from the debate participants in this thread.

And yet, he still continues.  Do I hear an ambulance coming to take someone to the Emergency Room?
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Deus ex Machina

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-3
  • non-cdesign-proponentsist
« Reply #784 on: December 23, 2009, 09:34:27 AM »
And yet, he still continues.  Do I hear an ambulance coming to take someone to the Emergency Room?

To be fair to Majesty, these rules are new. And under other circumstances I might have hesitated to apply them to an ongoing debate at all, but in this case I feel that the amount of chatter between Majesty and the peanut gallery is, if anything, proving to be a distraction from winding up the debate - particularly when it descends into barracking.

However, I must also point out to Majesty, in case he thinks I am being unfair, that I was also obliged to terminate my discussion with him on account of becoming a referee. If I can control myself, then so can he.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:46:57 AM by Deus ex Machina »
No day in which you learn something is wasted.

Offline Majesty

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #785 on: December 23, 2009, 11:20:21 AM »
Given some of the unkind things you've said about a number of forum members here, I do wonder what benefit you think there is in posting here anyway. ;)

I'm keen to bring this debate to a conclusion so that we can move on (hopefully to a more fruitful debate). The best thing to do is to concentrate on your closing remarks in the main debate thread, and ignore this thread. If you really want to, you can include in your closing remarks any points that may be pertinent to the comments that have been made here, so long as they're within the scope of the debate - though I would ask you not to respond to them directly.

Alternatively, as HAL suggests, you can start a new thread in the General Religious Discussion board (or at a push, the Science board) on any specific points that you'd like to discuss with other forum members.

So,  even  as  the  new  admin  guy,  you  are  still  biased.  What  about  some  of  the  harsh things  that  these  people  said  to  me?  You  are  willing  to  sweep  what  they  say  to  me  under  the  rug  huh??  Is that  it?  I  just  made  my  closing  remarks  already.  But  how  is  it  fair f or  them  to  be  able  to  address  me  on  the  thread,  yet  i  can't  address  them  back  on  the thread?  Am  I  in  the  twilight  zone?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +645/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #786 on: December 23, 2009, 11:52:42 AM »

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #787 on: December 23, 2009, 11:59:44 AM »
He's outta here. Had enough of 'beating up' on us atheists.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=11420.new#new
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #788 on: December 23, 2009, 12:01:32 PM »
I  just  made  my  closing  remarks  already.  But  how  is  it  fair f or  them  to  be  able  to  address  me  on  the  thread,  yet  i  can't  address  them  back  on  the thread?  Am  I  in  the  twilight  zone?

For my part, I apologize for posting in this thread.  As requested, I did not post in the actual debate thread, but thought that since this does seem to be the peanut gallery, comments were more appropriate here.  Sorry if that's not the case.   It wasn't my intent to entrap you into committing a breach of etiquette.

As several others have said, if you want to discuss some of these peripheral issues, start threads about them.  That's what the forum is all about!  :)
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Inactive_A

• Reader
  • Darwins +5/-3
« Reply #789 on: December 23, 2009, 12:03:39 PM »
So,  even  as  the  new  admin  guy,  you  are  still  biased.  What  about  some  of  the  harsh things  that  these  people  said  to  me?  You  are  willing  to  sweep  what  they  say  to  me  under  the  rug  huh??  Is that  it?  I  just  made  my  closing  remarks  already.  But  how  is  it  fair f or  them  to  be  able  to  address  me  on  the  thread,  yet  i  can't  address  them  back  on  the thread?  Am  I  in  the  twilight  zone?

Yes.  The debate is officially at an end, you have both posted your closing statements, and rebuttals.
If you wish for somebody to go throughthe debate and tender an official tally of responses to see who 'won' the debate it can be done, this section, which is only for commentary on that section, has ceased to have a purpose.

As Deus Ex pointed out, members are free to make new topics if they want to address any unfinished business here.
Thank you for your participation in the debate thread, it was well done, and each of your replies and points were thought out and presented clearly.

Members, please do not bait Majesty, as he can no longer reply in this thread, any posts made that you are expecting a reply will go unanswered.

Offline Deus ex Machina

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-3
  • non-cdesign-proponentsist
« Reply #790 on: December 23, 2009, 02:38:45 PM »
So,  even  as  the  new  admin  guy,  you  are  still  biased.

The rules apply to kcrady as well.

What  about  some  of  the  harsh things  that  these  people  said  to  me?  You  are  willing  to  sweep  what  they  say  to  me  under  the  rug  huh??  Is that  it?

What an odd suggestion. You are free to start another thread in GRD or Science to address your detractors' comments. I will be happy to link to it, and even to participate in it.

I  just  made  my  closing  remarks  already.  But  how  is  it  fair f or  them  to  be  able  to  address  me  on  the  thread,  yet  i  can't  address  them  back  on  the thread?  Am  I  in  the  twilight  zone?

Nothing is preventing you from addressing the remarks of your detractors. Indeed, I can see that you have already chosen to address one of them here.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:28:29 PM by Deus ex Machina »
No day in which you learn something is wasted.