Hermes, thanks for accepting the challenge. If you have another "pawn" that you want to throw at me who would like to debate in your place, that we be fine also. I am accepting ANYONE. Just want to dress a few things..
1. The double spacing: It started when i was young and learning to type, single spacing at that time seemed to make my words look all bunched up, so i started double spacing. Now it is just a habit that i cant seem to break, nor do i want to break. Its what makes me unique IMO. I enjoyed some of you peoples jokes and remarks about it. Its all good.
2. Why i chose yahoo: First off, im a frequent vistor to the yahoo rooms "detroit". There are alot intelligent people in there as i am sure there are in here. I have been going there for a few years now, and took part in many debate/discussions in there. Some in the people can be quite rude and disrespectful. Some are open minded, honest, and intelligent. But one of the problems i have is, when to many people want to talk about something at one time. The majority of the time i am the only theist that is in there, and i have like 5-6 different people throwing things at me, and my fingers are working extra hard to address questions, claims, comments, etc. I choose the conference room because you get to control how many people can sit in there and chat. That was the whole purpose. But since you people are CRYING about doing this on a forum, fine, lets do it.
3. About myself: I am a 24 yr old African American male from Detroit, Michigan. I am in the army, currently stationed in AZ, and i proudly served my country in Iraq. I have been a christian all my life. I first started my "apologetic" journey by discussing some doctrine issues with Jehovah Witnesses. Then i started getting heavy into the internet, and chat rooms. I was blown away at how many nonbelieving, bible attackerss that were out there. I became upset when my faith was being attacked, sometimes in the most vicious way imaginable. People would say many disrespectful things, and i felt like i needed to counter-attack. It started off with me defending Noahs flood, and so called bible contradictions. Then things progressed to me having to dig deep into science and philosophy, after debating some certain individuals who seemed to be coming at me heavy from that regards.
4. William Lane Craig: has inspired me to really get heavy into apologetics. About two years ago, i was on youtube, and i just typed in Christianity vs Atheism. And what popped up was the Craig vs Zindler debate. I sat there for over an hour and watch Craig completely demolish Zindler. And i was hooked. I watched Craig soundly defeat many of his opponents, and i was hooked. He has put out enough work over 30 years to inspire any christian and nonchristian alike, and i am honored to have him as my study guide.
5. The debate: I am really looking forward to performing well in this debate. I must say, i will be using alot of WLCs arguments, with my own little twist added to the mix. If i dont perform as well as i hope to and "lose" (deep down inside i know when my opponent has gotten the best of me), its ok, all it will do is expose my weaknesses, and i will just have to work harder on my weaknesses and get better.
I am really grateful to have found this forum (thanks Hermes), partly because i can really get down to business in here, because it is a lively forum. I didnt expect this many responses to my post.
On another note, i am a very competitive person, and sometimes i may use langauge that will let you know that im coming for your head. So dont take offense. My aim is not to disrespect anyone, and i hope that you people are the same way. I seek to bring people to Christ. He is what this is all about in my eyes. If there were no Christ, i wouldnt be on here.
But what i have noticed is that some of you people are very sarcastic, which is fine, but i can dish out some things to, and please believe i will keep it respectful, but i am no slouch either.
I dont know what would be easier, to keep checking back on here periodically so we can discuss the debate format, or, to give you guys my email, which is email@example.com
, and to have someone email me when we are ready to discuss it. I guess either or will be find, i will start checking periodially.
So once again, i want to thank you people for your time. It is ON. My goal is to take each nonbeliever on here OUT, one by one. Be ready.