Author Topic: WLC Style Apologetics Commentary Thread  (Read 46240 times)

Offline GetMeThere

Re: WLC Style Apologetics Commentary Thread
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2009, 09:11:52 PM »
Ok  people,  enough  with  the  small  talk.  I  am  now  about  to  present  my  arguments.  I  have  read  all  of  your  comments  up  this  point,  are  yall  ready?  It  is  6:57pm  in  AZ,  i  dont  know  what  the  hell  time  zone  AZ  is  in...but  im  starting  my  presentation,  RIGHT  NOW??  hehehehe  LETS  GO!!!

AZ is mountain time. You don't hit Pacific time unless you cross the border into either CA or NV.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2009, 09:15:22 PM »
Ok  people,  enough  with  the  small  talk.  I  am  now  about  to  present  my  arguments. 

Do you need any help?

I  have  read  all  of  your  comments  up  this  point,  are  yall  ready?  It  is  6:57pm  in  AZ,  i  dont  know  what  the  hell  time  zone  AZ  is  in...but  im  starting  my  presentation,  RIGHT  NOW??  hehehehe  LETS  GO!!!

Who cares what time zone anyone is in? Time to fish or cut bait.

Offline jazzman

• www.jazz24.org
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • I don't get no respect
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2009, 09:36:51 PM »
Are you not willing to answer this question, Keith?:
So I ask you again: Are you willing to admit you could be wrong about your beliefs in God?

A "Yes" or a "No" will do.  Are you man enough to answer?

Jazzman
"Things you don't see: An old man having a Twix." -- Karl Pilkington

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2009, 09:37:26 PM »
I'm satisfied with the current pace of things.  Let's see how things go.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +49/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »
I wish Majesty would hurry up and finish his "presentation" -- I'm getting low on popcorn...
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2009, 10:01:07 PM »
Are you not willing to answer this question, Keith?:
So I ask you again: Are you willing to admit you could be wrong about your beliefs in God?

Jazzman

This to me is *the* most important question to ask a Christian.  How about it, Majesty?  Enquiring minds want to know...
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline Dragnet

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • iustus res "We just want the facts"
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2009, 10:48:27 PM »
Ok  people,  enough  with  the  small  talk.  I  am  now  about  to  present  my  arguments.  I  have  read  all  of  your  comments  up  this  point,  are  yall  ready?  It  is  6:57pm  in  AZ,  i  dont  know  what  the  hell  time  zone  AZ  is  in...but  im  starting  my  presentation,  RIGHT  NOW??  hehehehe  LETS  GO!!!

Well now it is about 8:50 in AZ. and nothing on the debate thread yet.
I am responsible with my actions NOW so I don't HAVE to be responsible for them later.

Online Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2009, 10:51:05 PM »
...and he is no longer online. I will just think for now that he's a victim to some kind of connection problem.

Nevermind he's back online...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:58:38 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2009, 10:52:22 PM »
Well now it is about 8:50 in AZ. and nothing on the debate thread yet.

I'm calling it a night. Hopefully I'll wake up to kcrady hitting the bottle hard because his world got turned upside down.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Levan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2009, 11:17:41 PM »
I thought Majesty was arguing for the existence of any deity, not his particular deity...

Oh well.

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +87/-1
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2009, 11:24:58 PM »
I've been waiting all afternoon...took a break to walk a few miles on the treadmill, cook dinner, spend family time, watch some TV...thought for sure there would be something here seeing as I saw posts from Majesty when I came back to this thread, but, sadly, nothing yet. And now it's about bedtime. I'll be up for about another half an hour, but not all that optimistic about anything to chew on.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2009, 11:34:45 PM »
The debate thread has Majesty/Keith as a viewer.  Maybe he read kcrady's post and is actually putting serious effort into his introductory post there?  I would recommend that even if the public posturing is not earnest and reflects both dismissal and an assertion of dominance.  (Then again he could, like me, just have that page open in a tab while off doing something else like eating, sleeping, or [expletive deleted].)
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline GetMeThere

« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2009, 11:45:02 PM »

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2009, 11:54:39 PM »
or [expletive deleted].)

praying??

Bah! I don't prey on anyone. After all, if she's willing and able, cute not crazy, who am I to refuse?  :P

Offline GetMeThere

« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2009, 12:08:01 AM »
or [expletive deleted].)

praying??

Bah! I don't prey on anyone. After all, if she's willing and able, cute not crazy, who am I to refuse?  :P

If Majesty doesn't puke out his wall of nonsense soon I may prey on my own foot.

I once had to chew off an entire leg to keep myself from fleeing a sociology lecture--so I have only one foot remaining...

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +87/-1
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2009, 12:09:04 AM »
or [expletive deleted].)

praying??

LOL...go for it. Hope you have a better evening than mine is shaping up to be. It's bedtime at any rate. Husband has been asleep for the past couple of hours after getting back from a business trip, so the most exciting thing I have left to do is put the puppy in his crate and load up the dishwasher...

Offline GetMeThere

« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2009, 12:33:37 AM »
I just KNOW that Majesty is going to be stepping up to the plate any time now [...looks again at watch...].

In the interim, I offer this short film before the feature presentation. Any similarity to Majesty's actual postings is purely coincidental:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC91GYEumyA[/youtube]

Offline DisdainDavid

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Almighty Zeus
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2009, 12:42:36 AM »
After several days (at least two) there has been no honest response from 'majesty.' ...  For some reason I think this debate may have been entirely over hyped.
I will stop to contribute in this thread until some one shows up and seem to have brain. -- Master

It's a shame how you put your trust in theories that keep on changing. Bible has stayed the same for thousands of years [. . .]  -- Skylark889

Offline GetMeThere

« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2009, 12:46:00 AM »
After several days (at least two) there has been no honest response from 'majesty.' ...  For some reason I think this debate may have been entirely over hyped.

But the biblical story written about it will be AWESOME!!

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2009, 12:47:08 AM »
Can    I    just    say     that,    personally     speaking,    I     would

prefer     it       if       Majesty     spaced      out        his        words  

just      a      little       bit        more   ?  

Not      that      I'm       spaced       out     myself,      or      anything   ....  

...    I      just        dig        gaps.  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 01:21:12 AM by Gnu Ordure »

Offline DisdainDavid

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Almighty Zeus
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2009, 12:50:19 AM »

But the biblical story written about it will be AWESOME!!

No doubt.  The lack of evidence for a theist argument is clearly evidence for the idiocy for a materialist understanding of the world.  A very few generations from now, GMT, we shall sit upon thrones of praise made to our ignorance of the world!
I will stop to contribute in this thread until some one shows up and seem to have brain. -- Master

It's a shame how you put your trust in theories that keep on changing. Bible has stayed the same for thousands of years [. . .]  -- Skylark889

Offline DisdainDavid

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Almighty Zeus
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2009, 12:51:21 AM »
GNU,

My eyes bleed attempting to read that.

Offline Levan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2009, 01:01:41 AM »
I don't think Majesty is even online anymore...

Great job, kcrady!

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2009, 01:14:48 AM »
If Majesty doesn't puke out his wall of nonsense soon I may prey on my own foot.

I once had to chew off an entire leg to keep myself from fleeing a sociology lecture--so I have only one foot remaining...

You could always prey to God to restore the leg you chewed off. That always works.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 01:35:07 AM by Agamemnon »
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2009, 01:18:26 AM »
GNU,  My eyes bleed attempting to read that.

M                   y                         b                    a                     d             .  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 01:21:53 AM by Gnu Ordure »

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2009, 01:24:54 AM »
The debate thread has Majesty/Keith as a viewer.  Maybe he read kcrady's post and is actually putting serious effort into his introductory post there?  I would recommend that even if the public posturing is not earnest and reflects both dismissal and an assertion of dominance.  (Then again he could, like me, just have that page open in a tab while off doing something else like eating, sleeping, or [expletive deleted].)

He did seem rather intent on a fast-paced debate format, initially, so I am a little surprised he's not leaped into the fray by now. I figured he'd be well on his way to devouring kcrady, whole. My 'benefit of the doubt' for him is fading fast.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline GetMeThere

« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2009, 01:29:09 AM »
You could always prey to God to restore the leg you chewed off. That always works.

I don't have the least doubt that an attempt at prayer would set me onto the remaining leg within minutes...

Offline Majesty

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2009, 01:34:58 AM »

Yes....i  will  admit  if  i  am  wrong...no  biggie

Offline Majesty

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2009, 01:36:06 AM »
I thought Majesty was arguing for the existence of any deity, not his particular deity...

Oh well.

Exactly!!  And  i  address  that  in  my  opening  statement.