Author Topic: How do we know that Christians are delusional? [#313]  (Read 311 times)

Offline PostalGirl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood postal girl!
How do we know that Christians are delusional? [#313]
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:45:22 PM »
Hell is full of the spirits of sane rational people like you, they are now full of guilt
and remorse for believing that god does not exist, in agony in hell, being tormented for
ever and ever in the lake of fire where the worm does not die and the fire is never
quenched, there is no way out of hell, it is an eternal proposition for not believing in
Jesus Christ, who is the free gift of salvation offered by God, not only to them, but to
the whole world as well.

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: How do we know that Christians are delusional? [#313]
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 07:46:49 PM »
Yes, we're full of guilt for using the reasoning ability that God gave us, and evaluating the evidence that he didn't provide.

If Hell is full of sane, rational people like us, I think I'd rather go there.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: How do we know that Christians are delusional? [#313]
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 09:29:35 PM »
>>> Hell is full of the spirits of sane rational people like you, they are now full of guilt and remorse for believing that god does not exist, in agony in hell, being tormented for ever and ever in the lake of fire where the worm does not die and the fire is never quenched, there is no way out of hell, it is an eternal proposition for not believing in Jesus Christ, who is the free gift of salvation offered by God, not only to them, but to the whole world as well.

That's OK.  Your hell doesn't have anyone like me in it for one simple reason; it's your god and your hell, not mine.  I didn't want you to worry about me, but I thank you for your concern.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer