Author Topic: Santa [#317]  (Read 452 times)

Offline PostalGirl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Just your friendly neighborhood postal girl!
Santa [#317]
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:53:31 PM »
Hi -

I found you through YouTube.  Very interesting.  I was raised Catholic; explored Judaism,
Paganism, Hinduism and Buddhism.  I believe the important thing is to live a good life
and be kind to others.  At an all-girls convent high school, I was reprimanded for
drawing the conclusion that the practice of communion rendered all of us cannibals.  I
have been scorned for pointing out that Santa and Satan are both imaginary men in red
suits whose names are related through dyslexia.  At public events, I refuse to sing the
anthems or salute the flag because of the colonial hypocracy and genocide upon which this
nation was founded.

Thank you for being the voice of reason in a world of resident sheep and patsies.

[Name] - Monroe, WA

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: Santa [#317]
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 09:22:10 PM »
Cannibalism & dyslexia.  Excellent!  I'd buy you a beer ... but I'm on the east coast.

Feel free to ask for recommendations, though.  I'm a big time beer snob and can point you in the right direction if you appreciate that kind of thing.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer