Author Topic: Minor brain teaser.  (Read 443 times)

Offline gregoriodomingos

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • -Can't we all just get along. -No.
    • AZORES
Minor brain teaser.
« on: November 21, 2009, 12:16:07 PM »
For this post to work let's assume god exists. And since we are assuming things let's assume he/she/it is all seeing, all present, and all knowing god.

1- All present, well this is a problem  ;D. As far as we know the universe is infinite  :o, christian faith think we were made in he's image, so god, to be everywere, is spread out quite thin, infinite+infinite=infinite  :?. And this being so exactly which part is left to watch over us  :P, or were are we all sitting in???? The tip of a finger?? Some other extrematies??? Near or in some body's orifice  >:(??? We are definitely not near the eyes or ears.

2-All seeing, the concept of privacy pretty much goes out the window with this one :). Wen i'm in the bathroom evacuating refugees from my complicated and temperamental digestive system it isn't comforting to thing he is watching me do that  :-[.
And wen i'm having sex. Is he eating popcorn and looking at my girlfriend, my ass, my extremity and mocking me for it? not fair he's extremity is infinite  :-[. Hum...

3-All knowing, this being so our final judgement won't be much of a judgement, he will know everything you know and everything you've done. Watt will the point of letting any of us speak that day be?? Utter waste of time. Will he remove our vocal cords to save up time??
Is not tragedy a necessity in life?
Yes it is, may god give you hemeroids.

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
Re: Minor brain teaser.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 12:20:54 PM »
If god is infinite, then he would not be spread thin, he would fill the universe completely up to it's god saturation point.
        Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
    Where flap the tatters of the King,
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline gregoriodomingos

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • -Can't we all just get along. -No.
    • AZORES
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 12:48:03 PM »
If god is infinite, then he would not be spread thin, he would fill the universe completely up to it's god saturation point.
Well you have a point sir but keep in mind that from some prespective he has to look like us humans becuse we are made in hes image.
Is not tragedy a necessity in life?
Yes it is, may god give you hemeroids.

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »
He could like look us, since there are many facets of reality.
        Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
    Where flap the tatters of the King,
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 06:42:10 PM »
Not touching this one.

A few notes that may be helpful:

As far as we know the universe is infinite
As far as we know, the universe is finite in size, but infinite in the sense the surface of a ball is infinite. Space curving back to meet itself.
Have fun with the multiverse hypothesis though ;)
I'd also be worried how exactly god's solved the whole light speed problems, what with thinking all around the place. Like, does he know that I'm typing this even beyond our event horizon?

And wen i'm having sex. Is he eating popcorn and looking at my girlfriend, my ass, my extremity and mocking me for it? not fair he's extremity is infinite  :-[. Hum...
Hey, you're made in his image, right? No reason for ridicule. Except, you know, less omni-everything.
Better to have sex and being watched than only watching someone have sex, anyway. Y'think god's getting any? Nobody's ever good enough for him. Watching you is all he has, poor li'l fella. And he's forced to know exactly how much you poop, and what your poop tastes like, to boot. Seriously, I don't think he need worshipping as much as comfort - omniscience is no blessing.

3-All knowing, this being so our final judgement won't be much of a judgement, he will know everything you know and everything you've done. Watt will the point of letting any of us speak that day be?? Utter waste of time. Will he remove our vocal cords to save up time??
Same reason Peter Griffin's father-in-law made him eat a pine cone: it's amusing.
Or ... he already created us judged. Wait, ain't that the whole garden of Eden story thingie? We were created guilty to be punished? My head hurts.

Eeew, I touched it ...
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 08:25:35 PM »
Has anyone here ever seen the first episode of 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine'? I havent seen the whole thing myself (I'm a Next Gen fan myself, the whole concept of Star Trek IMO is to 'boldly go' [emphasis on the'go'], not hang around a worm-hole and hope for the best), but I did catch a bit where the captain (Cisco?) is communicating with an omnipresent being.

I found it interesting because at one point he is trying to explain the idea of linear time to a being that has no concept of it. Do you think maybe gawd might have a little trouble relating to us mere mortals, since it's possible he has no concept of 'time'?

But then, I suppose he 'invented' time as well... and regarding that 'made-in-his-image' thing, maybe gawd is omni-looking as well? As in, he looks like everything and everyone, at the same time.

Minor brain teaser my butt, I've got a headache now...
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.