Author Topic: milk jug [#302]  (Read 335 times)

Offline DL

milk jug [#302]
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:08:32 PM »

just watched your milk jug video.

"yes, no, and wait" is not really a Christian view. If you ask a Christian who has actually studied the Bible (which sadly, most haven't) you'll find this just is NOT scripture. The Bible DOES NOT say anywhere this is how God answers prayer.

Not trying to change your mind about Christianity or anything of the sort, but just because someone buys a domain name (www.christianity.com) this definitely doesn't make them a leading authority on the subject.

Now, if I were to bore you with how I believe God answers prayer, I'm sure you could give me another milk jug answer ;).

I did enjoy your video, though, being as I work as a magician, and it reminded me a lot of equivocation.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
Re: milk jug [#302]
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »
drop by and give us your answer, it would be swell.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline tomthecool

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »
The Bible says that (given the right circumstances), God will answer every prayer. Since some prayers are not carried out by God (e.g. "heal my amputated leg"), the only logical answers are that either God's answer to the prayer was "no", or that Jesus lied, or that the Bible is wrong.
So whatever way you choose to look at it, the milk jug illusion is true.

But having said that, I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear your view on it.
Some say I am the cool Tom... others wouldn't.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »
So tell us, how does your god answer prayer? Or will you do a magician's trick and make yourself disappear?
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 07:56:36 PM »
So tell us, how does your god answer prayer? Or will you do a magician's trick and make yourself disappear?

He's going to make like a banana and split.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.