Christianity Admin on 20 Jan 2007 09:52 am
This recent post over at the Dwindling blog estimates the number of people that God murders in the Bible:
And over on YouTube, ScienceChick points out the Top Fifteen Mass Murderers in History:
- Benito Mussolini (Ethiopia, 1936; Yugoslavia, WWII) 300,000
- Idi Amin (Uganda, 1969-1979) 300,000
- Mullah Omar – Taliban (Afghanistan, 1986-2001) 400,000
- Saddam Hussein (Iran 1980-1990 and Kurdistan 1987-88) 600,000
- Suharto (East Timor, West Papua, Communists, 1966-98) 800,000
- Jean Kambanda (Rwanda, 1994) 800,000
- Leonid Brezhnev (Afghanistan, 1979-1982) 900,000
- Menghistu (Ethiopia, 1975-78) 1,500,00
- Kim Il Sung (North Korea, 1948-94) 1.6 million
- Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000
- Hideki Tojo (Japan, 1941-44) 5,000,000
- Adolf Hitler (Germany, 1939-1945) 12,000,000
- Jozef Stalin (USSR, 1934-39) 13,000,000
- Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69) 49,000,000
- Yahweh (biblical God) Every living, breathing creature on Earth except for 6 people as well as numerous subsequent massacres. This is the only mass murderer in history for whose crimes it’s easier to count the people who lived than the ones who were murdered.
The carnage in the Bible is horrific. Yet believers will say that their god is “all-loving”.
Why worship a horrific mass murderer? See Understanding Delusion for an explanation.