Understanding morality, and why no “god” is needed for morality:
The video covers these topics:
- What is meant by words like right, wrong, moral, immoral
- Why this definition is applicable and represents the moral views of most people whether they realize it or not
- How to objectively determine if something is right or wrong without appealing to subjective opinion or personal taste
- Why we ought to things that are right and not things that are wrong
- Plus, it solves all the moral problems Christians can’t solve, even if they don’t realize they don’t have the problems.
For example, what makes stealing wrong? What are the symptoms of a morally wrong act? What do all morally right deeds have in common that distinguish them from morally wrong deeds? If we don’t know how to tell if something is morally wrong, how can we know it is morally wrong in the first place? Well worth listening to.
He also did a follow-up:
If you are a Christian, Jew or Muslim, how do you respond to this?